April 27, 2010

Astoria Park Update 4-27-10

I visited the Astoria Park nest 3 times since this past Saturday, and each time I went Andromeda was sitting in the nest. On Saturday she stayed in the nest for about 30 minutes before exiting briefly to search for Atlas. She landed back in the nest 1 minute later, but seemed restless. She got up and sat on the edge of the nest a few times and made some adjustments, so I'm not certain that she had laid the eggs just yet. When I visited Sunday and Tuesday she stayed in the nest the whole time, which leads me to believe she has laid eggs and is now incubating them. Best of luck to Atlas and Andromeda on having some successfully fledglings this years.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, Blogger has made changes to Menu and I can't figure out how to add new pics. I hate when these stupid websites change things that worked well in the first place.

No comments: